f-spot dead?

I've been using f-spot for quite some time now to manage my photo collection. When looking at their homepage, I noticed the last version was released somewhere in 2010 (?). In software terms, this makes f-spot ancient technology :) so I started to wonder.

Browsing through their mailinglist, I came across this thread. In short, f-spot isn't dead yet, but it is not actively maintained anymore. This means that stability issues and bugs probably won't get addressed any time soon. Fortunately, someone wrote a script to migrate the f-spot database to digikam. Maybe I should give this a try ... I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remove copy protection from PDF documents

The story of the Cobalt Qube

Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Protocol error